Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving

11/22/2012
I work at a residential treatment center for teenage girls. Because we can't let the girls run wild on Holidays, I didn't get work off for Thanksgiving, but it was still a good day! I was only at work for a few hours and during my shift, we took the girls to see the Lincoln movie. Those girls have the weirdest taste in movies! No Twilight, no Wreck it Ralph... Lincoln.
Anyways, after work, I met my husband at his family's house. It is a little weird having Thanksgiving dinner with so few people when I am used to a huge family, but the food was great (candied sweet potatoes- I ate the whole pan!) and the company was fun and we had so much to be thankful for and celebrate!
After dinner, Gav's parents let us open some Christmas gifts! They read us the story The Christmas Train, gave us an ornament, and a Christmas train! Gavin has been wanting a train- it may as well have been Christmas day for him!
Later that night, Gavin went to Red Dawn with his dad and brother while the girls prepared to Black Friday shop. We went to the mall at midnight, which was crazy, and a few other stores.. I am now a fan of ShopKo by the way.
One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving is it is the start of Christmas season! Stay tuned for our holiday decorations and festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment