Monday, July 1, 2013

The Great Salt Lake

Sometimes I feel like my life is average and boring. This feeling is easily curable by trying something new and/or playing outside. Paddle boarding hit both of these cures! I didn't actually think I would find a place to go in Landlock, UT but it turns out there are plenty of places to try this!
We called the marina at Antelope Island and they got our message down to the Salt Lake Marina that we wanted to rent two paddle boards so they reserved them for us. The people were so chill and easy to work with. We got to the marina and it took us a minute to figure out who to talk to- they rent their stuff out of a camping trailer in the parking lot right next to the bay.
Gav and I have grown up in the Salt Lake valley, but like most who live around here, have not ever been in the Salt Lake... because it is disgusting and full of brine shrimp. But there is a first time for everything and I would definitely do it a second!

No comments:

Post a Comment