Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Utah in October

Yup, I've only been in Texas a month and I already headed back to Utah for a week! I had this trip planned before we moved, which made it a little less hard to say bye, since I could say "see you next month."
Some girls I played lacrosse with years ago were participating in a women's tournament in Idaho last weekend, so it was the perfect excuse to go back. Owen and I flew in to Salt Lake on Tuesday; Friday night my sister and I drove to Boise, played a few lacrosse games on Saturday, then drove home Saturday night. We flew back to Texas the following Tuesday. The whole week was so fun, and hard trying to pack in everything I wanted to do! Here's what it looked like...
Cornbelly's with Maddy cuz it's tradition. I love and miss this girl!

"Sister lacrosse is the best lacrosse."
Lacrosse with the sister and old teammates. Surprisingly, we won all our games. This was such a random, funny tournament, but it was so fun! Yes, some husbands helped us out. Some girls on another team told us we looked intimidating and we were like "hmm, was it the car-seats we carried in, or the DI tags on our jerseys?" haha!
I left Owen with family when I went to Idaho. He spent a day with each of our families... I'm so grateful for them and their help! Sue took Owen and the other two grand-kids to the pumpkin patch to pick out some pumpkins. I love this picture of Owen trying to push the wheelbarrow there!
 Carving the pumpkins that the babes picked out. We kept ours pretty simple!

 Owen and I took a quick hike up to Bells Canyon Reservoir. I had to get to the mountains since we don't have anything beautiful like this in Dallas. This hike was so awesome. The weather was PERFECT, and the scenery was gorgeous. The hike is long enough for a workout, but easy enough to pack Owen and keep him happy. The whole hike, Owen was saying "Yay, we can do it!" and "There's the trail! Keep walking mommy!" He also loved talking to other hikers. Also, it was so nice just to sit by the water up here and let Owen play with rocks and dirt, and not worry about having to be home in time for anything. It was the most beautiful, peaceful experience I have had in a long time.
We went to Gardner's Village with my mom to see the pumpkins and witches. The perk of having one kid is that we can pay a stupid $5 for a 5 minute horse ride. This horse experience ended much better than the last!

Being in Dallas is good for us. Coming home frequently is also good. I can't wait for Christmas to be in this beautiful state again!

No comments:

Post a Comment