Saturday, December 3, 2016

November 2016

Day by day, life feels pretty mundane. I'm currently looking through all our November pictures to write this post and realizing that even though sometimes it feels like all I do is dishes, we really are having an adventure out here in Texas!

Arbor Hills Nature Preserve
This is a pretty area with running and biking trails, lots of trees, and is apparently a very popular place for family pictures! We found a little stream off trail and hung out there for a good amount of time. I think Owen's favorite thing to do is throw rocks into water. Seriously whenever there's an opportunity, he goes at it for as long as I will let him!
The Arboretum...again!
We get six people in whenever we go, so it's nice to bring new friends every time!
White Rock Trail
We got Owen a little ride-in bike trailer for his birthday, and the past few weeks Gavin has put a ton of work into tuning up our bikes so that we can start this new hobby. We've biked on this White Rock Trail a few times and plan to take it all 7 miles to a lake here in the near future.
Grapevine Lake
This is one of the closest lakes to us so I wanted to check it out. There wasn't much to do there besides boat and fish. O was in Heaven because, back to the throwing rocks in the water thing, he got to do his favorite activity for a whole evening.
Dallas Zoo
A few times a year, the Dallas Zoo only charges $1 to get in! I'm not a huge fan of zoo's, but I do love Owen's animal excitement. The weather this past "dollar day" was perfect, and it wasn't even too crowded. I'm glad we went! You can buy lettuce here to feed the giraffes. It was cool to be so close to them, but Owen was pretty traumatized when him and the giraffe bonked heads!

The weather this month has been perfect for playing outside! I am loving when our friends in Utah post pictures of the snow, but I'm enjoying wearing t-shirts in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment