Tuesday, November 13, 2018

October 2018

I listened to a podcast (because I'm into those now) about the importance of journaling. They mentioned to just start where you are and not feel overwhelmed by the thought of catching up. So, maybe one day I'll catch up.... but here's where we are at now!

Our October started out in Utah! We went out there to bless J. Fall is Gavin's busiest time of year for work, so Gavin just came to Utah for the weekend- to celebrate his birthday and give J a blessing. Then Gavin went back to Texas to work, and I stayed in Utah with the boys for another 10 days. It always amazes me how fast the time goes by there! 
We spent lots of time with family, doing festive Halloween things, and enjoying the beauty that is fall in Utah!
We went to Gardner's Village to do the witch scavenger hunt with the kiddos. Owen's "Catboy" costume was a gift from my mom. It wasn't intended to be his Halloween costume, but that's what he wanted to wear through the whole month of October, so it worked!
Drove the Alpine Loop in between conference sessions. For personal records sake- this was the highly anticipated conference where they announced the new two-hour church block!

 I freaking love this picture- Megan is helping Owen pee into the weeds, and I'm trying to keep J warm while breastfeeding him. We were in the wild, ookayy?!
Bells Canyon- gotta take advantage of the being able to hike while we're in Utah!
 

We flew back to Texas just me and the two boys! It was a lot of work, but they did great!
We only enjoyed this peaceful scene for about 20 minutes, but I'll take it!
Owen is a nervous kid. He was really nervous driving the Alpine Loop (and I'd be lying if I said it didn't freak me out a little too), and he was pretty scared to ride the airplane too. There was a lot of hand-holding through it all, which I don't mind!

Back in Texas- this was the coolest (temperature-wise) October we've had here, which was nice! It rained a lot, so we had to spend more time indoors than usual. Here are a few things we did:

Arbor Hills Nature Preserve- every time we go, we get off the path right here and throw rocks in the water.

 
 another breastfeeding in the "wild" picture!
Play Street Museum- these little indoor play museums are all over Texas and they are so cute!

We went to a Pumpkin Patch
 And celebrated Halloween as the PJ Masks crew!
Here are a few other random pictures of our cute little boys this month!


1 comment:

  1. My three year old LOOOVES Catboy too! So fun that you guys all dressed up as PJ Masks for Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete