Sunday, July 31, 2016

Hawaii 2016 Pt. 1

July ended with my parents taking our whole family to Hawaii. Best. Trip. Ever.

Maui
Darby: Our first day in Maui there were tropical storm warnings (storm Darby) so we couldn't do much. We ended up only getting a little rain. The rain turned out to be a good thing because when we explored the Road to Hana, the waterfalls were huge!
Road to Hana: It took us a few hours to explore just a fraction of the Road to Hana. We hiked through bamboo, stopped at some lookouts, crossed a river, and played in some waterfalls. So beautiful!
The condo: My whole family shared a VRBO find that was right on the beach at Kaanapali. Owen had a hard time with the time change but overall did great and he loved all the attention from my siblings. The place we stayed had a really nice swimming pool. One of my favorite parts of the whole trip was when we were at the pool with my dad and some of my siblings. We started playing the color game and we were all tricking my dad like we were 8 years old and getting a kick out of it! Makes me laugh just thinking about it!
Snorkel tour: My mom was so generous and volunteered to stay back with Owen and send the rest of us on a boat and snorkel tour to Lenai. She has done the tour before and wanted us to experience it, so nice! My family ended up being the only ones on the boat besides the tour guide and his sons and niece. The boat was so fast and fun, so even just riding that was a blast! He stopped the boat a few times for us to snorkel. We got up close and personal with some turtles, an octopus, sting rays, and of course cool fish!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment