Saturday, July 30, 2016

Hawaii 2016 pt. 2

Oahu
Temple: Our whole "reason" for going to Hawaii was to take my brother Jake over to start his freshman year at BYU-H. We went to the bookstore and campus with him, and also did a session at the temple. My parents spent a lot of time helping get his apartment set up and stocking it with groceries.
Waimea: Waimea is such a pretty beach with a fun cliff to jump off of. The cliff is only about 20 feet high, but it took me a good pep-talk to jump every time! Owen got brave on our trip to this beach. The first time we took O to the beach he wouldn't even walk in the sand. By the time we were at Waimea we got him warmed up and he was letting us swim him around! 
Pounders: My family loves boogie boarding! I love it but I'm the chicken of my family. I will try and take a big wave every once in a while but my heart stops every time! Across the street from BYU-H campus is a beach called "Pounders beach". It's called that for a reason. Those waves are strong. My brother and I each took an underwater nose-dive-turned-front-flip, and I could make a whole hilight video of my husband being slammed. So fun!
White Plains Beach: My sister has a friend who lives on Oahu and he's a surf instructor. He was so so nice and met my family at White Plains Beach with his surf boards and he helped us all get up on little waves. We loved it! My husband stayed on the paddle board and loved that too. After our time at the beach we went over to his house and his parents did dinner for my whole family. They were the nicest!
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment