Saturday, August 13, 2016

Anniversary

On August 11th, 2008 Gavin and I were outside together and we saw a bunch of shooting stars and we were 18 so of course we ended up kissing a little. Come to find out, August 11th is the peak night of an annual meteor shower. We originally wanted our wedding date to be the 11th, but that didn't work out and we ended up getting married on August 16th, 2012. We tend to celebrate our anniversary sometime within the week and not always on the day of. This year we wanted to celebrate on the 11th by finding a cool place to watch the meteor shower. It was supposed to be awesome this year!
Bless my mom for taking O (again) the night of the 11th. Gavin and I took our first little overnight backpacking trip up to Lake Blanche. Not too shabby... except even though we were way up Big Cottonwood Canyon, we could still see the glow of Salt Lake City and guess what- I only saw one stinking shooting star!
The sunset that night though, was the best I have ever seen. Seriously. 
Again...iPhone camera... I'm not going to be able to share much, but it was beautiful and it made the whole trip worth it. I'm so glad that Gavin agreed to be my adventure partner!

No comments:

Post a Comment