Saturday, August 27, 2016

California pt. 3

Disneyland!
My dream vacation would not be a theme park. Don't get me wrong, I was excited for Disneyland, but I wasn't thinking I would have the time of my life there. Well, my expectations were far exceeded and I loved it! Having a toddler there was so much fun! My favorite part of Disneyland was taking O to meet the Toy Story characters and Mickey Mouse, and watching him watch the parade. We definitely got to experience some "Disney magic" with O. 
O wasn't scared of the characters as long as Gav or I were holding his hand. *Mickey was his first one and O just seemed a little star struck! haha! When we met Woody, Owen told him to "reach for the sky", and with Buzz he said "to inny an neon" then acted like he was flying away. Owen was seriously in Heaven- he was so excited and so proud that he met his favorite characters. Oh my gosh it was adorable.
I have awesome in-laws who were willing to utilize the stroller pass thing so that Gavin and I could go on some big kid rides together. They even took O on some rides without us while we did Tower of Terror, California Screamin', and Cars. Those rides were super fun and I'm glad we did them, but honestly the most fun part about Disneyland was experiencing it with our little.

We ended our trip by eating dinner at Goofy's kitchen. While there, O went back and forth between being really excited about the characters and really scared. One minute he'd be dancing with Pluto and Minnie, and the next he'd be running away. Ainsley was scared the whole time haha but Ryker did great and played with Pluto a lot! The characters there were awesome, and so interactive!
After going to Goofy's kitchen, we took the kids to build-a-bear. We told O that he could pick an animal and we would dress it up in a Buzz costume. We handed him dogs and bears and monkeys saying how cute they would be and saying how soft they were. No matter what we tried, Owen wanted the minion. So this is what we ended up with.
Us: "Owen what's your minion's name?
O; uhhh...Bucky!
Alright...Bucky the Buzz Lightyear Minion...

Here's a few more pics of the trip
 Loving the carousal 
 About to ride Toy Story!
 Ash and Shay in their dancing car! 
 Kids, in-laws, and grandkids.
 Cousins on the teapot ride.
 Gavin and O in the Rocket Ship
Owen waving to the characters in the parade.

*When we were in line to meet Mickey, there was a special needs guy named Brandon in front of us. F-pod. He talked to Shay and Rick for about 20 minutes about his job, how good of friends he is with the Disney characters, and asking them to sign his autograph book.

No comments:

Post a Comment