Wednesday, March 1, 2017

February 2017

Alright, I'm just playing catch-up on the blog now, so I'm about to just picture dump and maybe (probably not) one day I will come back to clean up this post!
This month, Texas was blessed with beautiful weather! We started the month by visiting the Heard Museum in Mckinney to see dinosaurs.
Most of the models moved and "rawred", so Owen thought it was pretty cool! There was also a replica of a settler's village. Owen had fun playing in these houses.
We made our monthly trip to the Arboretum! February is tulip season in Texas. I always loved the tulip festival in Utah, so it was great to enjoy the same thing here.
After some failed attempts, we made and sent out Valentines cards.
We spent a Saturday walking around Lake Lewisville with the Knaras's.
This was also the day we discovered Raising Cane's. We may have eaten there like five times since.
We enjoyed our usual trips to the park.
It even got warm enough for this one day!
The month was full of unreal sunsets.
We ended the month with a trip to Houston. Owen and I headed down with Kalie and Kinley for our friend Jazmin's babyshower. We got in late Friday night and stayed with some of my high school friends who have a house in Houston! Owen is usually great on trips but you guys- he didn't go to sleep until 4 a.m. that night. I wanted to DIE. Not only was I tired and frustrated, I felt so bad for our hosts and friends for probably keeping them up all night. Ugh. It was awful.
Besides that night, Houston was fun. The babyshower was adorable, and it was fun to see our friends. Saturday evening we went downtown to the Houston Children's museum. It was crowded so we spent most our time in the toddler area. Owen and Kinley were in Heaven. Luckily, we got in for free, so we didn't feel the need to get our money's worth. I had never been to Houston before, and it was better than I thought it would be!
On Sunday we drove back to Dallas and made a pit stop at a state park, which was in this adorable little Texas town. Next time we make this trip, we need to plan a little better. As fun as it was, I think we could get a lot more out of it! Live and learn!
I was offered a job at the Hockaday School coaching 8th grade girl's lacrosse. My friend Haley is a saint and offered to take Owen every day during our practices. I thought last year would be my last coaching, but I am so grateful I am able to do another season of it! I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment