Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Pregnancy Round 2

Just for documentation purposes, or in case I get baby hungry again in the next 6 months, I'm going to record all my pregnancy complaints here. 

My pregnancy with J 
(and comparing it to my pregnancy with Owen)

Weight gain: 25 lbs from prepregnancy weight to end weight. Technically more though because I lost a few pounds from being sick in the first trimester. (I think I gained around 30 lbs with Owen, so not much of a difference there.) I lost weight in my first trimester, put the pounds on like it was my job during the second trimester, and hardly gained any in the third. (Last pregnancy I put on over 50% of my weight gain during my third trimester). Luckily, I didn't gain too much weight in my face or swell too bad this pregnancy. I pretty much stuck to getting bigger in my belly and a little bit in my arms. (My face got pretty puffy last pregnancy!) I am happy to say I think I looked a lot better this pregnancy compared to last, just based on where I gained my weight!

Sickness: yup. I spent many days puking my guts out from nausea/morning sickness again this time around. I never found medication that helped without putting me to sleep. I was very negative about the ordeal because every morning I felt like I had to pick my poison. A: Don't take meds and puke all day, or B: Take meds and sleep on the couch all day. B sounds like the winner except for the fact that I have a three year old who is terrible at playing by himself, and a husband who would probably just wear dirty clothes if I didn't do the laundry. haha, love you! I was consistently nauseas until about week 18. After week 18, I still experienced some nausea, but it would come and go quickly and sporadically.(I was suuuper sick with Owen's pregnancy, but was able to manage it with meds. I had to take meds every single day my whole pregnancy otherwise I'd puke, but I was very grateful for zofran that go-around!)
To continue my rant about sickness, I also had acid stomach which also caused me to throw up now and again. This was the worrrrrsssstttt! This acid stomach thing lasted my whole pregnancy. 90% of foods tasted bad and/or gave me stomach pains and heartburn. Another pick-my-poison situation where A: let my stomach get pretty empty between meals to relieve acid stomach, but spike nausea, or B: keep food in my stomach to relieve morning sickness but still feel sick because of my acid stomach. (heartburn was only a problem with my first pregnancy during the first and last few weeks)
Man, pregnancy's rough! I keep saying my baby weight isn't going anywhere anytime soon because I'm just so happy to be enjoying food again that I want to eat everything in sight!

Cravings: The first couple weeks of pregnancy, like weeks 4-6, I wanted spicy foods! I have never been one to seek out anything hot and spicy so this was a funny one for me. I wanted my mouth to be on fire! Hot cheetos and spicy tacos were hitting the spot! I have a theory that this is what caused my acid stomach to be so bad- since I had never eaten like that before in my life. Other than that, no cravings, because food was gross. I ate a lot of sugary/starchy carbs because interestingly enough, those were the only foods my stomach didn't freak out on. (no real cravings with Owen either).

Aches & Pains: Randomly, month seven was really hard on my feet. For a few weeks I was icing, rubbing, epson-salt bathing my feet every night because they ached so bad. Somehow, it only lasted a month, thankfully! and I am singing grateful praises that I didn't have sciatic pain this time. (Owen's pregnancy I dealt with sciatic nerve pain from months 5-9. I literally carried around a foam covered toilet seat to sit on, plus went to physical therapy the pain was so bad. I also got those painful but also funny charlie horses in my calves all. the. time. It's odd that I didn't have those again either!)

Activity Level: Normal running and hiit workouts until about week 16- I know, I'm a baby for quitting that early! Yoga almost every day until about 32 weeks. Coached lacrosse consistently until week 35. (Pretty similar to my pregnancy with Owen but I think I was slightly more active this time.)

These boys are obviously so worth it, but that should do the trick on keeping me from another one for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment