Monday, August 19, 2013

Weekend Thoughts & Activities

All the wedding details I've been sharing were so fun and exciting. Planning the reception was great and everything turned out perfect. But let's be honest- the reason for it all was much more significant than any of the decorations. The most important part of the wedding was that Gav & I were sealed together under God, and yes, that is reason to celebrate. 

We were able to re-celebrate all of it in Park City this last weekend. The 16th was our actual anniversary. We both worked and I was a little stressed getting our feet out the door but we were able to make it to the Deer Valley Chateaux (thanks Groupon!) in time to enjoy Historic Park City, pizza, and the hot tub. We also ate our anniversary cake that had been in my mom's freezer for the past year. Yummy!
Saturday we waited in line for the Alpine Coaster but by the time we made it to the top of the line there was lightning so we had to come back and do the coaster Sunday. Fun nonetheless. We headed to the outlets instead where I bought a J Crew Sweater that I can't wait to wear and a little Nike tank.
Along with our Groupon we got a 3 course dinner at the hotel. It was rich people food. We had never eaten a meal worth so much money and we weren't quite sure what to do with it. That was an adventure in and of itself. We later spent more time in the Hot Tub where strangers tend to open up and we watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 days and our first episode of Catfish. That show scared me.
Anyways, being with Gav on our anniversary made me think about all the reasons I love him. A lot of them are the same reasons I loved him when we were married: he's funny, he's sweet, strong spiritually. But a few of the reasons are already different. The biggest thing I have been thinking about is just how supportive he is. Whether it's me being on a crazy pill (birth control SUCKS) or wanting to do a pinterest project or go on an 18 mile hike, he is happy and fun and patient enough to help me out with it all, despite his busy schedule. I really don't understand how I lucked out getting him! Love you Gav! 

4 comments:

  1. Yeah it does, I could never stand how crazy I felt on that stuff, more power to you girl! Congrats on a great first year :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute in all of those pictures!! So glad I get to see you so often :) Hope you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are so cute! I love reading all your updates on here!

    ReplyDelete