Sunday, July 19, 2015

New Mexico

On our road trip to Dallas a couple weeks ago, we took the longest route possible through New Mexico. Let's be honest... New Mexico has very little to do and see! I think the only things we didn't do were visit Native American ruins, and the White Sand Dunes. I'm sure I will get to see these on some other trip so I wasn't too heart broken about it. 
We booked a hotel in Santa Fe for two nights. While we were there, we saw Walter White's house (for you Breaking Bad fans), hiked around some petroglyphs, toured the Turquoise Trail, ate at Rebel Donuts, and swam at the hotel.
On our way out of New Mexico we stopped in Roswell and at Carlsbad Caverns. These were by far the best things in the state! 
Roswell was hilarious. There were alien signs on every. single. building. Little known fact about me: my best friend and I were voted "most likely to be abducted by aliens class of 2008," so I had to capitalize on the photo ops!
Then the Carlsbad Caverns were as cool as every travel blog says! Holy smokes those caves are huge! Glad we finally checked that off our travel list!
New Mexico was about giving Wyoming a run for it's money in the "worst state to drive through" competition, until we stopped in Carlsbad! Totally worth the detour!

Let's end this post with a sad, short story: I filmed our trip through New Mexico on my action cam. I always put my footage together on my parent's Mac because I can't afford my own. Well, the past couple weeks I have been trying to make a little movie on New Mexico but the Mac at my parents house hasn't been very compliant... so pictures are sufficient for now... sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment